Enable IMAP in Outlook?
Whenever an Outlook user needs to access email service on a remote server from a local client, the user has to utilize the IMAP settings (Internet Message Access Protocol). In this way, retrieving emails would be easier for a user and to achieve this setting. The entire user needs to enable IMAP in Outlook. If you are wondering how to enable IMAP in Outlook. Then you should not be worried about it, as here in this article, you will get all the important information to set IMAP settings.
How Do I enable IMAP in Outlook?
- Before anything else, you should go to the Settings option.
- Then you have to click on the 'View all Outlook settings' option.
- After that, you have to 'Email' option and click on the 'Sync Email' option.
- In addition, by going to POP and IMAP option, you need to click on the 'Let devices and apps use POP' and click on 'Yes' option.
- Thereafter, you have to click on the Save option.
- Besides, if your Outlook account does not fetch the settings automatically, you can change IMAP setting by filling the given details:
- IMAP server name as imap-mail.outlook.com
- Set IMAP port as 993
- Choose IMAP encryption method - TLS
- Type your POP server name - pop-mail.outlook.com
- Set the POP port as 995
- In addition, select POP encryption method as TLS
- Also, set the SMTP server name as smtp-mail.outlook.com
- SMTP port - 587
- Choose SMTP encryption method - STARTTLS
How To Enable IMAP in Outlook 2013
With the above information, you will no longer worry about the how to enable imap in outlook 2013 question. As these above steps will resolve your issue without much of a stretch. Besides, if you find any issue in executing the steps, you may contact the Outlook customer service team to get an instant solution for your issue.
Any device, any problem, anytime, anywhere
For Resolution Call Now