Search for Customer Support Phone Number
Here’s what To Do When Yahoo Mail Is Unable to Show Notifications On An iPhone
Notifications are important and especially when they are about impotent messages, email and other things. However, email notifications are quite crucial for anyone who is into emails and email clients such as Yahoo. Now, Yahoo mail app is compatible on both iOS & non-iOS devices and many users face issues when their Yahoo notifications do not appear in their notification bar. This may make them check their Yahoo application again and again.
But there are certain reasons that may cause your Yahoo mail not showing notification and they can be easily resolved as well. So, if you are an iPhone user too as well as a Yahoo mail account holder then here’s what you can do to fix the notification issue in your device.
Easy Methods to Fix Notification Problem in Yahoo Mail App: iPhone
The following methods will help you to fix the Yahoo mail notification issue in iPhone in no time.
Enable the Notifications in Your iPhone Settings
· Get into your iPhone’s settings and then select Notifications
· Now, select the Yahoo Mail and then tap on the Allow Notifications toggle button
· Here, select the toggles to enable different types of notifications
Enable the Notifications in Your Yahoo Mail Application
· In your Yahoo mail application, get to the Profile section and then select Notifications
· Here, select any of the option that says “enable notifications for All messages & features” or “Just the categories I choose”
· If you opt for the Just the categories I choose option then select the toggles to enable the kinds of notifications would want to get
Update Your iOS Version to Fix Notification Issue
· Go to the iPhone settings and then opt for General
· Next, tap on Software Update and then see if there’s any update
· Let the update finish and then restart the device to check if the notification issue is fixed
Re-Sign Into Your Yahoo Mailer Application
· Get to your Yahoo mail app and then sign out of your account
· Restart your iPhone device and then wait until its completely on
· Navigate to the Yahoo app and then sign into your account
· Now, check if the notification issue is fixed by asking someone to send you a test mail
Check IMAP Settings in Your Yahoo Mail Application
Since IMAP settings are responsible for receiving messages from other mails, you’ll need to ensure that they are correctly setup into your mail app. Here’s how.
· Navigate to the Yahoo mail app and then move to the settings section
· Here look for IMAP settings and then see if the settings are appropriate
· Log out of your account and then try logging into the web browser
· See if the IMAP settings are still same and then again log into your application
Moreover, you can also check the Yahoo app installed version for update from the Apple store. If there’s any then update the app to latest version and see if the notifications are enabled in it. Beside’s if you are still unable to get rid of the Yahoo mail notification not working in iPhone then contact tech-support and get assistance from professionals.